Changes between Initial Version and Version 1 of PomBasePlanningMeetingMinutes20121004


Ignore:
Timestamp:
Oct 5, 2012, 11:17:13 AM (9 years ago)
Author:
val_wood
Comment:

--

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • PomBasePlanningMeetingMinutes20121004

    v1 v1  
     1= Planning Meeting Tuesday 11 July 2012 - Minutes =
     2----
     3[wiki:PombasePlanningMeetingAgenda20120711 Agenda for this meeting]
     4----
     5Tuesday 11 July, 16:00, UCL
     6
     7Present: Val, Midori, Jürg, Antonia, Mark, Dan, Paul, Steve [[BR]]
     8Remote: Kim [[BR]]
     9Part: Dan Jeffares, Giulietta Spudich, Nathan ?
     10Chair: Val [[BR]]
     11Minutes: Val
     12
     13= Previous Action Items =
     14 * Action: Curators look into acquiring data from strain collection in Japan
     15 (Not done)
     16 * Action: Curators to monitor web site for problems (ongoing, OK at present)
     17 * Action: Functional genomics views demo at next meeting (EBI)
     18 * Action: Val to circulate non-redundant list of genome browser requests & feedback from community
     19 (In progress)
     20 * Action: PK et al. to create Jira tracker for Ensembl genome browser issues; PK to triage tickets
     21 * Action: Diagnose the cause of the not synching of the update (Mark)
     22 (OK)
     23
     24 = General =
     25 == Usage stats ==
     26 * http://tinyurl.com/7qs2zap
     27 
     28 * discussion about browser access statistics
     29  AI provide browser access statistics at some point in the future
     30 
     31 = Curation update =
     32 
     33 * See Agenda
     34
     35 = Web site status and next priorities =
     36 
     37 * We are ready to go live with the new data (from the curation tool) showing complete phenotype annotations and annotation extensions.
     38 * There are a couple of bugs related to display in firefox but pending this we can go live (outstanding pre GeneDB commissioning tasks were moved to pre-GeneDB commissioning
     39 * Next priorities, after we go live with this dataset are to process the 17 jira tickets  to enable GeneDB to be de-commissioned
     40 * Process 16 post GeneDB commissioning tickets  (note these were originally pre-decommissioning tasks  but were flagged as slightly less urgent)
     41 * Host some HTP datasets
     42 * AI chase up  Schizo genomes data
     43 
     44
     45 = Ensembl Functional Genomic module demo =
     46
     47 Giulietta provided a demo of the functional genomics module.
     48  Appears to provide all the the necessary functionality for representing data on sequence
     49  Curators still have concerns that the interface  is quite complicated even for simple visualization
     50  AI Val will provide  the feedback from the fission yeast community on the browser to Giulietta
     51
     52
     53 = New action items =
     54 * AI provide browser access statistics at some point in the future
     55 * AI chase up  Schizo genomes data
     56 * AI Val will provide  the feedback from the fission yeast community on the browser to Giulietta
     57
     58
     59 = AOB =
     60 * Jurg asked about:
     61  * utilizing text mining (Fritz Roth tool) (this group are interested to do some woirk?)
     62  * XCARP ? (jurg will send details)
     63
     64 * Next meeting Hayley will circulate doodle poll, will be in Cambridge
     65
     66