wiki:PomBasePlanningMeetingMinutes20121004

Version 1 (modified by val_wood, 8 years ago) (diff)

--

Planning Meeting Tuesday 11 July 2012 - Minutes


Agenda for this meeting


Tuesday 11 July, 16:00, UCL

Present: Val, Midori, Jürg, Antonia, Mark, Dan, Paul, Steve
Remote: Kim
Part: Dan Jeffares, Giulietta Spudich, Nathan ? Chair: Val
Minutes: Val

Previous Action Items

  • Action: Curators look into acquiring data from strain collection in Japan (Not done)
  • Action: Curators to monitor web site for problems (ongoing, OK at present)
  • Action: Functional genomics views demo at next meeting (EBI)
  • Action: Val to circulate non-redundant list of genome browser requests & feedback from community (In progress)
  • Action: PK et al. to create Jira tracker for Ensembl genome browser issues; PK to triage tickets
  • Action: Diagnose the cause of the not synching of the update (Mark) (OK)

General

Usage stats

  • discussion about browser access statistics AI provide browser access statistics at some point in the future

Curation update

  • See Agenda

Web site status and next priorities

  • We are ready to go live with the new data (from the curation tool) showing complete phenotype annotations and annotation extensions.
  • There are a couple of bugs related to display in firefox but pending this we can go live (outstanding pre GeneDB commissioning tasks were moved to pre-GeneDB commissioning
  • Next priorities, after we go live with this dataset are to process the 17 jira tickets to enable GeneDB to be de-commissioned
  • Process 16 post GeneDB commissioning tickets (note these were originally pre-decommissioning tasks but were flagged as slightly less urgent)
  • Host some HTP datasets
  • AI chase up Schizo genomes data

Ensembl Functional Genomic module demo

Giulietta provided a demo of the functional genomics module.

Appears to provide all the the necessary functionality for representing data on sequence Curators still have concerns that the interface is quite complicated even for simple visualization AI Val will provide the feedback from the fission yeast community on the browser to Giulietta

New action items

  • AI provide browser access statistics at some point in the future
  • AI chase up Schizo genomes data
  • AI Val will provide the feedback from the fission yeast community on the browser to Giulietta

AOB

  • Jurg asked about:
    • utilizing text mining (Fritz Roth tool) (this group are interested to do some woirk?)
    • XCARP ? (jurg will send details)
  • Next meeting Hayley will circulate doodle poll, will be in Cambridge