wiki:PomBasePlanningMeetingMinutes20121217

Planning Meeting Tuesday 17 Dec 2012 - Minutes


Agenda for this meeting


Tuesday 17 Dec, 10:00, EBI

Present: Val, Midori, Mark, Dan, Paul
Remote: Kim, Jürg
Chair: Val
Minutes: Mark

Usage stats

Previous Action Items To Carry Forward

  • Action: Curators look into acquiring data from strain collection in Japan (Now moved to Curation tracker)
  • AI Organise a large general "PomBase" banner
  • Demo of curation tool (postponed)
  • Send papers to Paul K.
  • AI Val/curators will start to send out a large number of community curation sessions
  • AI Sam's data, decided to add "condition" Val will contact Sam, also need to add PMID and chase "quiescence term", then decide where this data should live (decided Kim's ftp directory or pombe-embl svn repository)

General

  • Val to continue providing Browser feedback to Gulietta
    • AI VAL chase up pombe community browser feedback as have not responded to recent requests
  • Discussion about synching of gene names and GO term names when chado version is updated.
    • AI Mark takes some time to consider the order of the loading for GO term names and gene names
  • Finish the final items for the decommissioning of the GeneDB site.
    • AI Val to chase up motif search code from Sanger
  • Discussion about new home page (see actions below)

  • Discussion about EMBL submission file (see actions below)

  • Organisation for Pombe2013
    • Jürg suggested that PomBase could fund the poster refreshments and would get a stand and a talk slot to promote community curation
    • Val suggested trying to get WT small meeting funding for this (on behalf of PomBase)
      • AI Val Look into WT grant and forward details to Jürg
    • Stand (£2000)
      • Banners
      • Posters
      • ?Freebees?
    • ?Poster Drinks? - Potential funding

Curation update

Curators have targeted older publications and increased curation volume (papers) from 338-432

Jira tracker update

  • The rest of the meeting was devoted mainly to the Jira update, prioritising task for GeneDB decommissioning, V 31,32,33
    • AI Val/Midori? to look into where UTR.fasta data came from

New Action Items

  • VW chase up pombe community browser feedback as have not responded to recent requests
  • VW Look into WT grant and forward details to Jürg
  • Redesign of the PomBase front page.
    • VW open new jira item with mock up
    • VW: Source some images of cells that could be used.
    • VW: Highlight specific papers to display on the front page
    • MM: Convert to a multi-column format.
  • MM: Load the transcriptome datasets listed on JIRA
  • MM: Update xref names before running the update annotation scripts.
  • MM takes some time to consider the order of the loading for GO term names and gene names (related to above)
  • PK/DS/MM: EMBL submission files. Work out what is going to happen with these going forward (for this Val will first test how close the current file is )
  • Search:
    • MM: Auto-regenerate the search indexes and get ES to set up a new domain and index the PomBase dumps.
    • MM: Get the simple search to include the orthologues.
    • All curators: discussion to nail down what search options and behaviour we really want, then update Jira
    • VW to chase up motif search code from Sanger
    • VW/MAH to look into where UTR.fasta data came from - DONE

  • KR: Generate v31 Chado dump
  • DS/MM: GFF and GTF usage standardisation in ensembl for downloads. Needs assigning.
  • KR: Work on the Session Management for the curation tool.

AOB

  • Future meetings to review what data there is available and to discuss what to load.
  • Next Meeting: 21st Jan 2013
Last modified 8 years ago Last modified on Dec 18, 2012, 12:01:49 PM