Changes between Version 1 and Version 2 of PomBasePlanningMeetingMinutes20121217


Ignore:
Timestamp:
Dec 18, 2012, 10:53:24 AM (9 years ago)
Author:
val_wood
Comment:

--

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • PomBasePlanningMeetingMinutes20121217

    v1 v2  
    1313 * http://tinyurl.com/7qs2zap
    1414 
    15 = Curation update =
    16  * See Agenda
    1715
    18 = Previous Action Items Bought Forward =
    19  * Finish the final items for the decommissioning of the GeneDB site.
    20  * Demo of curation tool
     16= Previous Action Items To Carry Forward =
     17
     18 * Action: Curators look into acquiring data from strain collection in Japan (Now moved to Curation tracker)
     19 * AI Organise a large general "!PomBase" banner
     20 * Demo of curation tool (postponed)
    2121 * Send papers to Paul K.
     22 * AI Val/curators  will start to send out a large number of  community  curation sessions
     23 * AI Sam's data, decided to add "condition" Val will contact Sam, also need to add PMID and chase "quiescence term", then decide where this data should live (decided Kims ftp directory or pombase-embl)
     24
     25
     26 = General =
     27
     28* Val to continue providing Browser feedback to Gulietta
     29  AI VAL chase up pombe community as have not responded to recent requests
     30
     31* Discussion about  synching of gene names and GO term names when chado version is updated.
     32  AI  Mark takes some time to consider the order of the loading
     33
     34* Finish the final items for the decommissioning of the GeneDB site.
     35  AI Val to chase up motif search code from Sanger
     36
     37* Discussion about new home page
     38  AI open new jira item  with mock up
     39
     40 * Discussion about EMBL submission file
     41 
     42
    2243 * Organisation for Pombe2013
     44  Jurg suggested that PomBase   funded the poster refreshments and would get a stand and a talk slot to promote community curation
     45  Val suggested trying to get WT small meeting funding for this (on behalf of PomBase)
     46   AI Look into this and forward details to Jurg
    2347   * Stand (£2000)
    2448     * Banners
     
    2650     * ?Freebees?
    2751   * ?Poster Drinks? - Potential funding
    28    * ?Conference talk? (£5000)
     52 
     53
     54= Curation update =
     55 
     56  Curators have targeted older publications and increased curation volume (papers) from 338-432
     57
     58
     59 = Jira tracker update ==
     60
     61  *  The rest of the meeting was devoted mainly to the Jira update, prioritising task for GeneDB decommissioning, V 31,32,33
     62   * AI Val/Midori to look into where UTR.fasta data came from
     63 
     64
    2965
    3066= New Action Items =
     
    3571 * '''MM''': Load the transcriptome datasets listed on JIRA
    3672 * '''MM''': Update xref names before running the update annotation scripts.
    37  * '''PK/DS/MM''': EMBL submission files.  Work out what is going to happen with these going forward
     73 * '''PK/DS/MM''': EMBL submission files.  Work out what is going to happen with these going forward (for this Val will first test how close the current file is )
    3874 * Search:
    3975   * '''MM''': Auto-regenerate the search indexes and get ES to set up a new domain and index the !PomBase dumps.