Changes between Version 4 and Version 5 of PomBasePlanningMeetingMinutes20130121


Ignore:
Timestamp:
Jan 23, 2013, 9:17:36 AM (9 years ago)
Author:
gomidori
Comment:

--

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • PomBasePlanningMeetingMinutes20130121

    v4 v5  
    1 = Planning Meeting ----Monday 21 January 2013 - Minutes =
     1= PomBase Planning Meeting Monday 21 January 2013 - Minutes =
    22
    33----
    44Monday 21 January, 10:00, Cambridge
    55
    6 Present: Val, Midori, Jürg, Antonia, Paul, Steve [[BR]]
     6Present: Val, Midori, Antonia, Paul, Steve [[BR]]
    77Remote: Jürg, Dan, Mark [[BR]]
    88Chair: Val [[BR]]
    99Minutes: Val/Antonia
    1010
    11  == Review of action items from Nov outsanding/Dec ==
     11 == Review of action items from Nov outstanding/Dec ==
    1212
    1313Carried forward Nov
     
    2121Carried forward Dec
    2222
    23  None, all done, or on jira tracker, in progress
     23 None - all done, or on jira tracker, in progress
    2424
    2525
     
    3737AI Kim: flag the datasets that should be loaded. Mark should load the most recent one of the ones that have been flagged as ‘loadable’.
    3838
    39  *  Turnaround time of < 2 months  is too long once community curation is launched (version 30 is from 12 November). We should talk about ways to improve this (most MODs update nightly).
     39 *  Turnaround time of > 2 months  is too long once community curation is launched (version 30 is from 12 November). We should talk about ways to improve this (most MODs update nightly).
    4040  Mark has worked about doing loads independently. If this can be automated it will be a lot quicker (Paul). We also need to know for when the ‘final versions’ need to be available (Midori).
    4141AI: Mark get an automated pipeline in to do updates quickly. This will allow a more frequent release cycle. 
     
    4545    *  AI Antonia to sort data out (add column for conditions and PMID), and similar date from other groups
    4646     * need an ontology term for quiescence
    47        AI Midori to add a PBO term
     47      * AI add a PBO term (note: was assigned to me in previous draft of minutes, but I don't have direct write access to PBO; Mark generates it from things in chado. I'll look into where it can go. -Midori)
    4848
    4949     * phenotype allele display,
     
    5454     * Gene name synching (e.g.  why is mre11 still called rad32…was changed in early November?)
    5555
    56      * What do we need to tell CRUK lab heads to resolve their fire wall problem ? 
    57       Mark needs to know if their firewall is stripping cookies from pages.
    58       AI Val to ask them if this is happening.
     56     * What do we need to tell CRUK lab heads to resolve their firewall problem ? 
     57      * Mark needs to know if their firewall is stripping cookies from pages.
     58      * AI Val to ask them if this is happening.
    5959
    6060== Other ==
    61 AI: Mark to liase with Julietta to help with making a Pombe community curation video.
     61AI: Mark to liase with Giulietta to help with making a Pombe community curation video.
    6262
    6363
     
    6565     * AI: Mark will look into why pages are loading slowly / what can be done to speed it up (highest priority task)
    6666     * AI: Mark To look into whether a smaller search space can be searched on simple search
    67      * AI: Mark get an automated pipeline in to do PomBase updates quickly. This will allow a more frequent release cycle.
    68      * AI: Mark to liase with Julietta to help with making a Pombe community curation video.
    69      * AI: Kim flag the datasets that should be loaded. Mark should load the most recent one of the ones that have been flagged as ‘loadable’.
     67     * AI: Kim flag the Chado releases that he and curators agree are ready to load. Mark should load the most recent one of the ones that have been flagged as ‘loadable’.
     68     * AI: Mark get an automated pipeline in to do !PomBase updates quickly. Make planned release schedule available to all !PomBase team (especially curators)
     69     * AI: Mark to liaise with Giulietta to help with making a Pombe community curation video.
    7070     * AI: Antonia to sort cell data out (add column for conditions and PMID), and similar date from other groups
    71      * AI: Midori to add a PBO term for quiescence
     71     * AI: add PBO term for quiescence (Midori to draft name & def; Mark to add to PBO)
    7272     * AI: Val to ask CRUK if their firewall is stripping cookies from pages and let Mark know
    7373
    7474== Meetings Attended/ Upcoming ==
    7575
    76  * 28 Feb/ 1 MArch GO cell cycle ontology contant meeting ( GO and Jacky Hayles)
     76 * 28 Feb-1 March GO cell cycle ontology contant meeting (GO and Jacky Hayles)
    7777
    7878 * March 20-22 BYG 2 posters submitted:  Antonia (community curation), Midori (phenotype ontology)
    7979
    80 
    81  *  April 7-10 ISB, 4 posters submitted: Val (Annotation QC, general PomBase), Antonia (community curation), Midori (phenotype ontology)
     80 * April 7-10 ISB, 4 posters submitted: Val (Annotation QC, general !PomBase), Antonia (community curation), Midori (phenotype ontology)
    8281   Mark might want to attend, at least poster sessions?
    83    * April 10-13 GO meeting is immediately after this meeting, Mark should attend the software sessions
     82 * April 10-13 GO meeting is immediately after this meeting. Mark should attend the software sessions
    8483 
    85  * Pombe meeting, still need to decide what to do about PomBase/GO/curation demo
    86   Community curation walk through (quick but so that people know about it) early on in the meeting.  This will allow people to come to the stand and ask questions. We need a longer slot to demonstrate the website (ideally a 30 min slot) but this can be done later whenever tools and resources session is.
     84 * Pombe meeting, still need to decide what to do about !PomBase/GO/curation demo
     85  * Community curation walk through (quick but so that people know about it) early on in the meeting.  This will allow people to come to the stand and ask questions. We need a longer slot to demonstrate the website (ideally a 30 min slot) but this can be done later whenever tools and resources session is.
    8786 
    8887