wiki:PombasePlanningMeetingAgenda20120711

Outstanding Action items from May

  • Ask Henning Hermjakob about possibility of OLS as webservice to attach annotations to, we will have the next planning meeting at Hinxton and see if Henning can join us for a while.
    • AI EBI to contact Conrad (Arnaud has looked into this and we could potentially load these as a BAM file). (tranfer this to jira item)
    • AI EBI to action selenium testing and check server is sufficiently powered
    • AI Mark/Dan? Difficult to link back to genomic regions with output provided
      • Mark will provide some examples for the next meeting
    • AI EBI Linking between browser and gene page http://www.ebi.ac.uk/panda/jira/browse/PB-435
      • provide a "button" to link to Ensembl from Gene pages and vice versa
      • reduce number of linked up/downstream genes
      • place link to Ensembl browser underneath the gene list (NOTE, THIS IS STILL NOT CLEAR BUT WILL PROBABLY BE DISCUSSED IN FEEDBACK FROM USER TESTING?)
    • AI Currently PK is looking into the interaction between ES and and PomBase. ( Re Long term will *everything* still need to go through External Services?)
    • Explain differences in GO totals (later)

General

  • Hosting data on tracks (e.g Buck example) .... what is the plan for hosting these types of datasets? Was there an action item here?
  • Item from Mark determine the functionality of the dev site going forward.
  • Curating strain data (jurg wants to discuss)
  • Idle small talk, e.g. the recent misery of the weather

Curation update (Val)

Sent round by e-mail

Review "Post-preview" and "GeneDB decommissioning" criteria & progress

Next priorities (Midori)

Update cycle process

Host new dataset with curation tool annotations (2000 annotations)

Very Quick fixes (there seem to be a lot of "five" minute jobs links, text changes etc

GeneDB decommissioning tasks and quick fixes

Handle annotation extensions

Host a couple of HTP datasets

Other jira items

Current jira status:

  • Open 150 Closed 655 (was 125/577 last meeting)

Usability issues/ issues reported by users (anyone? any not covered above?)

  • Browser feedback from the EMBO course and any pending browser overhaul

See Feedback from Nick Rhind and Paco Antequera

1) Ease of configuration and uploading datasets

2) The display

3) zooming and browsing are not controllable

4) resolution of tracks/data

5) saving configurations

Meetings Attended/ Upcoming

  • proposed Workshop for 2013 (International meeting) straw poll?
  • Proposed Pombase 1-2 hour workshop at CRUK, with 1-2 hour curation tool demo and or jamboree

AOB

  • Next meeting (doodle)

Lower priority /Future

Integration

Browsing Ontologies

  • AmiGO2 demo
    • Need to contact Chris and Seth to make sure stable URL for meeting
Last modified 8 years ago Last modified on Jul 12, 2012, 5:10:28 PM