Changes between Initial Version and Version 1 of PombasePlanningMeetingAgenda20121217


Ignore:
Timestamp:
Dec 17, 2012, 8:09:59 PM (9 years ago)
Author:
gomidori
Comment:

--

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • PombasePlanningMeetingAgenda20121217

    v1 v1  
     1December 17th 2012
     2
     3 == Outstanding Action items from Nov 9th ==
     4
     5  * Action: Curators look into acquiring data from strain collection in Japan (Not done)
     6 * Action: PK et al. to create Jira tracker for Ensembl genome browser issues; PK to triage tickets
     7 * Action: Diagnose the cause of the not synching of the update (Mark)
     8 (OK)
     9   * AI Val will provide the feedback from the fission yeast community on the browser to Giulietta (DONE, have response to go through)
     10 
     11
     12 == New Action items from Nov 4th ==
     13
     14 * AI curators look at vertebrate demo of vertebrate browser (beta)
     15
     16 * AI  Showcase community curated papers on front page (check that the community curated flag is loaded into Chado)
     17 * AI  remove left hand menu from front page
     18 * AI val/curators to mock up rearranged front page (look @ other MODS , I quite like SGD's, we should have a "fast track" your paper link like Flybase, but this would take you to the curation tool)
     19
     20 * AI next meeting demo of curation tool
     21 * AI Val will announce next stage of community curation and request people  eager to participate contact us.
     22 * AI Val/curators  will start to send out a large number of  community  curation sessions
     23 * AI Curators will concentrate on older presumably quicker papers, or any  papers which are unlikely to get curated (retired labs etc)
     24 * AI send some papers to Paul to curate
     25 * AI Next priorities for Mark i)  check that between EG release data reload works from beginning to end
     26 * AI Mark  jira items required for GeneDB commissioning (only 11 remaining)
     27 * AI Mark add a new jira  component for hosting new datasets
     28 * AI Next month discuss next priorities
     29 * AI Val to enquire about "stand" at !PomBase meeting
     30 * AI Organise a large general "!PomBase" banner
     31 * AI Sam's data, decided to add "condition" Val will contact Sam, also need to add PMID and chase "quiescence term", then decide where this data should live (pombase-embl)?
     32 * AI Next meeting doodle poll 1-17 Dec (done, obviously)
     33 *  Gene names and products will be loaded from Chado http://www.ebi.ac.uk/panda/jira/browse/PB-1033
     34    * new jira ticket  http://www.ebi.ac.uk/panda/jira/browse/PB-1045
     35 * AI discussion about displaying interactions in both directions
     36    * see https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=2525791&aid=3586401&group_id=65526
     37    * see comment on http://www.ebi.ac.uk/panda/jira/browse/PB-873
     38
     39 == General ==
     40
     41 * Usage stats http://tinyurl.com/7qs2zap
     42 
     43 * website front page
     44   * Look at all proposals/ mockups, come up with a plan
     45     * Content
     46     * overall format separate sections, or single rolling (possible new feature/ data updates etc)
     47     * specific format, font/ colours/spacing
     48     * images,
     49       * rotating?/ random?
     50       * collection of images how? /jurg has supplied some are they suitable?, where should these live?
     51       * citing source, include in figure?
     52     * Highlighting community curation ? which method
     53     * events
     54     *  "fast track" your paper link like flybase
     55     * help and e-mail icons
     56     * menu bar
     57
     58     * Updating GO annotations
     59       http://www.ebi.ac.uk/panda/jira/browse/PB-1075
     60
     61     * EMBL submission file
     62
     63     * Updating gene names http://www.ebi.ac.uk/panda/jira/browse/PB-1069
     64   
     65
     66= Updates from various Areas =
     67
     68== Curation Update ==
     69 
     70 * All papers are triaged (upto ~)
     71 *  ***update*** Of 9511 papers 4604 are "curatable" with gene product specific information (no change)
     72 * 6297 annotations in curation tool
     73 * 682 curation session (papers) in progress (previous 613)
     74 * 432 ? approved (previous 338)
     75 * 9 needing approval (previous 47)
     76 * Intend to start sending our more papers to community once phenotype annotation visible in !PomBase (done)
     77   also need some changes to the curation session management (who paper was sent to and who eventually curated)
     78
     79 == Phenotype Ontology (Midori) ==
     80 * 1795 phenotype terms
     81 * ordinary incremental progress
     82
     83 == Chado loading (Kim) ==
     84 * Anything to report ?
     85 
     86 == Curation tool (Kim) ==
     87 * Anything to report ?
     88
     89 == Review  (Mark) ==
     90
     91 * Go through jira tracker items to decide priorities
     92
     93
     94 Current jira status: Open 162 Closed/Resolved  908  (was 163/868 last meeting, Nov)
     95
     96 === Next priorities  (Pombase website) ===
     97
     981. Host new dataset NG30
     99
     100
     1012. GeneDB decommissioning tasks
     102   
     103
     1043. Post GeneDB decommissioning tasks
     105   These are features which are provided by GeneDB, and used, but are not as critical. Provided they are replaced fairly quickly people can probably survive for a while if the old site is taken down
     106
     1074. Hosting genome wide datasets
     108
     1095. Unscheduled items ***
     110
     111
     112 == Problems reported ==
     113   
     114 
     115== Meetings Attended/ Upcoming ==
     116
     117 * proposed Workshop for 2013 (International meeting) straw poll?
     118 * Proposed !PomBase 1-2 hour workshop at CRUK, with 1-2 hour curation tool demo and or jamboree
     119 
     120
     121 == AOB ==
     122
     123 * Next meeting  (doodle)
     124
     125
     126 == PI's meeting ==