Version 2 (modified by val_wood, 10 years ago) (diff)


Meetings held

6 Sept. 2011

  • Annotation extensions (with Chris, Emily, Jane; morning)
    • relations
      • direct and indirect regulation - has_regulation_target, plus child term(s) to be added (see what Chris has put in file)
      • when to use has_substrate - with MF catalytic activity terms
      • upstream & downstream
      • negating annotation extensions
  • Gene expression controlled curation
    • current capture of expression (some needs to migrate to annotation_extension)
    • how should we do this in future?
  • Phenotype modelling (with Kim & Mark; afternoon)
  • WT phenotypes

3/4 October 2011

  • As part of planning meeting Midori went through phenotype model for Chad (link to planning meeting minutes)
  • As follow on from phenotype modelling we drew up a draft workflow for capturing data in the curation tool (We will all work through this when curating phenotypes)
  • Midori went over basics of using subversion, esp. resolving conflicts
  • Bio-Curator meeting abstracts (Nov 30). hopefully Antonia can attend
  • General curation work

17/18 October 2011

  • Antonia's list

  • Regulation
    • Direct vs indirect
    • regulation of cell cycle and signal transduction
    • start and end of a process

3/4 November 2011

  • Identified and co-curated papers for undergraduate workshop

14 November 2011

  • round robin, next 2 weeks priorities etc

  • GO meeting debrief
  • Had a discussion about annotation extension When to pre-compose in ontology (during etc)
  • Also discussed phenotype curation, probably only need condition extension initially
  • Discussed how location required for process is equivalent to process dependent on localization to componet
  • need to migrate all required_for attached to components to process terms and move all dependent on to children
  • PomBase? release pending, discussion about a few thing required for release, and revised release date to 28th

15 November 2011

2 December 2011

  • round robin, next 2 weeks priorities etc
  • Midori OBO-Edit basics
    • loading viewing browsing searching etc (need to be able to view relations ontology)
  • Posters for biocuration

January 23rd- 27th

Monday 23rd a.m.


  • RT versus jira (For a while we will probably stick with RT)
    • RT is now be configured so we see all responses.
    • Val demo how to configure dash to show all open/ closed items / assign itmes DONE
    • Val will encourage people to submit to helpdesk, or will summarize and post queries later
    • Note make sure any feedback received is appended to closed items as comments.
  • Proposed system:
    • Antonia monitors the helpdesk
    • Antonia decides if she can't answer the query who would be able to best answer (probably me at first for most legacy or data related questions, and Mark for inclusion of HTP datasets, Midori for PomBase website queries (including queries which will raise new jira tracker issues or feature requests), Antonia for requests to curate papers), but we can always reassign if they go to the wrong person...)
    • Once a query is answered Antonia will draft an FAQ item (if relevant) from the response, and send to Midori for editing and including in the PomBase FAQ
    • Hopefully after a year or so we will have answered most of the common queries and so increasing Antonia can increasingly point users directly to the FAQ.

Monday 23rd p.m.

Curation Tool

  • Getting feedback from authors on completed papers Val will write an email to send out with curation sessions We should keep a file of people who have been sent completed sessions as the next paper they should curate themselves
  • Need a list of curation tool features, existing and proposed

Tuesday 24rd a.m.

To discuss with Kim

  • Next things for Kim to work on (rough order) Curation tool

  • need to thrash out allele descriptions
  • Val needs to check that the proposal to change the tool fits with the phenotype format/model
  • 4. Annotation extensions
    • I.e which extensions need to be available for i) each ontology ii) each term
    • ii) annotation transfer of extensions and qualifier
  • 5. New datatypes, expression (dependent on outcome of discussion below), complementation (probably we will split out complementation as a curation type in the tool), protein sequence features (subset of SO)
    • GO through high priority SF items (1 & 2 above)

  • New features
    • See SF tracker

Tuesday 24rd p.m.

To discuss with Mark

All items from discussion with mark added to relelvant jira tracker Other Action items

  • Download file options (val to document)
  • replacing current ftp site and download files (val to document)

4 p.m.

  • GO Annotation Conference call

Wednesday 25th a.m.

Miscellaneous curation issues

  • How to capture dephosphorylated/dephosphorylation DONE

  • Trancription overhaul ....documentation etc (terms for sequence specific transcription factors)
  • in vitro (Val, I have existing qualifiers and I wonder if these should be converted to evidence, sub-type of IDA, check)

Wednesday 25th p.m.

Thursday 26th a.m.

Thursday 26th p.m.

PomBase planning meeting

Friday 27th a.m.

Friday 27th p.m.


  • Val - short term priorities
    • curation tool related
  • Val - long term priorities
    • review of SF items
    • what needs to be done before community curation launch
  • pombelist FAQ proposal (putting pombelist "experimental" items into Susan F's FAQ)